- Guiding Documents
- Deep Dive Call Notes
- Monthly Call Notes
- Planning Documents
Note: You must have access to our AEBG members only dropbox account to see files. Already a member and would like to request access? Contact us at AEBuyersGroup@aee.net
Recent reports, policy briefs, and webinars from the Advanced Energy Buyers Group and Advanced Energy Economy relating to corporate access to advanced energy:
- Opportunities for Meeting Commercial and Industrial Demand for Renewable Energy in Indiana (January 2020) - This report prepared for AEE by WoodMackenzie shows that Indiana could benefit by attracting $5.8 billion in investment and creating nearly 25,000 jobs if commercial and industrial (C&I) businesses had more options to procure renewable energy through their electric utilities.
- Opportunities for Meeting Commercial and Industrial Demand for Renewable Energy in Florida (December 2019) - This report prepared by WoodMackenzie shows that Florida could benefit from $1 billion in investment and tens of thousands of jobs if commercial and industrial (C&I) businesses had more options to procure renewable energy through their electric utilities.
- Renewable Energy Offerings that Work for Companies (April 2019) - Six-step guide showing states and utilities how they can meet large customer demand for renewable energy; also outlines replicable best practices from states across the country, based on the experience of Advanced Energy Buyers Group members, spanning utility renewable energy programs (often called “green tariffs”), direct access opportunities, and retail choice.
- Customer Renewable Energy Options in Virginia: A Guide for Policymakers, Regulators, and Commercial and Industrial Customers (June 2018) - A guide to renewable energy purchasing options for commercial and industrial customers in Virginia, to help both customers and policymakers navigate a complex and quickly evolving market.
- Expanding Corporate Access to Advanced Energy: Policies to Meet Growing Demand from Corporate Buyers (September 2017) - A policy guide to help legislators understand why policies to expand access to advanced energy are so important and how they can help businesses meet their energy needs. This guide includes an explanation of policy barriers that companies face, five policy solutions (including model legislative language), a state-by-state breakdown of available purchasing pathways, and case studies highlighting how these solutions have worked for customers.
- Making Corporate Renewable Energy Purchasing Work for All Utility Customers (July 2017) - Based on case studies from states across the country, AEE identifies design principles to ensure voluntary utility renewable energy tariffs will deliver on potential benefits without impacting nonparticipants.
- Essential Elements of Next-Generation Renewable Energy Tariffs (July 2017) - This policy brief from AEE distills the six key elements to ensure that utility programs will meet the needs of customers.
- Giving Virginia Companies What They Want: Renewable Energy Options (March 2017) - This state brief from AEE explores the potential market for new renewable energy that could be unleashed if Virginia were to provide businesses with viable options to purchase renewable energy.
- 2016 Corporate Advanced Energy Commitments (December 2016) AEE reports that 71 Fortune 100 companies have set renewable energy or sustainability targets, up from 60 just two years ago.
- Private Procurement, Public Benefit: Integrating Corporate Renewable Energy Purchases with Utility Resource Planning (December 2016) - In a report for AEE Institute, the Center for New Energy Economy at Colorado State University (CNEE) explores the benefits of incorporating corporate renewable energy targets into the utility resource planning process.
- Opportunities to Increase Corporate Access to Advanced Energy: A National Brief (August 2016) AEE Institute commissioned Meister Consultants Group (MCG) to assess policy changes that states can enact to expand corporate access to renewable energy.
- How Corporate Demand Can Drive Renewable Energy and Economic Growth, State by State (March 2020) featuring perspectives from Target, 3Degrees, and Advanced Energy Buyers Group staff on the latest trends and challenges associated with utility renewable energy offerings for C&I customers.
- Improving Renewable Energy Offerings: What Have We Learned? (March 2019) featuring perspectives from Advanced Energy Buyers Group staff and members Salesforce and Walmart.
- Effective Ways to Buy Renewable Energy, a joint webinar put on by Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, outlines the various ways companies procure renewable energy, including innovative new opportunities for companies to reduce risk exposure.
- Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement: Does it Help or Hurt Everyone Else? (September 2017) features perspectives from World Resources Institute, AEE Institute, and a Washington utilities commissioner on how to design corporate renewable energy programs to ensure that they bring overall benefits, rather than harming nonparticipants.
- Innovations in Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement (May 2017) features perspectives from Microsoft and A Better City on new solutions for aggregating smaller buyers, innovations in project financing, and more.